- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
CARE Applicant Information
CARE Member Position Open for 2013- 2015!!
The Committee for the Advancement of Research and Evaluation (CARE) is seeking a new volunteer committee member. An applicant for a CARE member position should ideally have:
- A graduate degree in a field related to the camp experience
- Prior research experience, preferably related to some aspect of the camp experience
- Past camp experience (staff member, participant, etc.)
- Additional research skills (methodology, data analysis, grant writing, scholarly writing, etc) that contribute to the work of CARE
We are particularly interested in applicants with 1) a well-established record of research related to the camp experience and/or youth development; or 2) expertise in organizational management who have a familiarity with a variety of research methods and approaches useful to exploring questions related to camp and human development.
CARE members are expected to be members of the American Camp Association at the time of application and throughout their term(s) and have a commitment to the goals and vision of ACA. Members are expected to attend one “in-person” meeting a year (meeting costs are covered by ACA) as well as 3-4 conference calls and fulfill responsibilities they assume as a part of the volunteer Committee work. The term is three years with potential for one reappointment. This new CARE position will begin upon appointment in Spring 2013.
Any ACA member interested in becoming a CARE member should:
- Submit a letter of interest that includes an articulation of strengths
- Submit a current vita or resume
Materials should be submitted directly to Deb Bialeschki at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 31, 2013. Interested applicants will be reviewed by CARE and a list of finalists will be submitted to the CEO. The final appointment and notification will be made by the CEO. Applicants not selected will also be notified by the committee.