- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Research Column Manuscript Requirements
Academic research articles must contain information useful to camp professionals. All manuscripts must be the original work of the author and not currently under review elsewhere or previously published.
Research article ideas for Camping Magazine's Research column are accepted from camp researchers on an ongoing basis. The Research column reflects current findings of camp-related research in a format that Camping Magazine readers can use to improve the quality of their programs and staff and enhance the experience of the campers.
All research articles are peer reviewed by a team led by Consulting Editor Mark F. Roark (email@example.com). If selected to be published in Camping Magazine, the research articles are then edited to meet ACA style guidelines by Assistant Editor Julie Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Specifications for a Column Submission:
- Must be in a Microsoft Word document
- Must be written in English
- Must be written in APA Style
- 1200 to 1500 words (not including text from bios, graphs, or references)
- 12 pt. Times New Roman font
- One-inch margins
- Graphs / charts / tables must be included by the author, but will be professionally redesigned in the magazine layout process
- All references/sources that are referred to in the article must be listed
- Cover page that includes: Article title; author names, affiliations, and e-mails; 3-5 keywords; and a first author 25-30 word bio
There are three research articles published a year in Camping Magazine. View archived issues of the magazine here.