- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Reduce Injuries and Illnesses Articles
Improve the Quality of the Camp Experience
Camping Magazine Articles
- Camp Staff: Getting Health and Safety Messages to Stick
Linda Erceg, RN, MS, PHN; Tracey Gaslin, PhD, CRNI, CPNP, FNP-BC; and Chris Smith, MEd
- Building a “Healthy Camp”: Strategies That Worked!
Barry A. Garst, PhD; Mary Marugg, RN; Sandra Thompson, CPRP
- Working Toward a Healthier Camp: Five Strategies for Camp Administrators to (Re)Consider Now!
Linda E. Erceg, R.N., M.S, P.H.N; Barry A. Garst, Ph.D.;
- Healthy Camps: The Quest Continues through Technology and Professional Development
Linda E. Erceg, R.N., M.S, P.H.N; Barry A. Garst, Ph.D.; and Chris Smith, ME.d
- A Healthy Camp Depends on You: Six Things Staff Can Do to Have a Healthy Summer
Sandra Thompson, C.P.R.P. and Barry A. Garst, Ph.D.
- Ten Promising Practices of a Healthy Camp
Barry A. Garst, Ph.D.; Linda Ebner Erceg, R.N., M.S., P.H.N.; Susan Baird, R.N., M.P.H.; and Sandra Thompson, C.P.R.P.
- Ten Ways to Reduce Injuries and Illnesses in Camp
Barry A. Garst, Ph.D. and Linda Ebner Erceg, R.N., M.S., P.H.N. (2009)
- How Healthy Is Camp? Exploring Early Results From the Surveillance Study of Injuries and Illness
Linda E. Erceg., R.N., M.S., P.H.N.; Barry A. Garst, Ph.D.; Gwynn M. Powell, Ph.D.; and R. Dawn Comstock, Ph.D. (2008)
- Epidemic: Translating Drug Prevention Principles to Camp Healthy Teens
Stepthen G. Wallace, M.S. Ed. (2007)
- Kids and Healthy Lifestyles: How Camps Can Help
Viki Kappel Spain; M. Deborah Bialeschki, Ph.D.; and Karla A. Henderson, Ph.D. (2005)
- Children's Mental Health and Camp: What is Our Role?
Ethan Schafer, Ph.D. (2005)
- The Myth of Risk Promoting Healthy Behavior by Challenging Teens
Stephen G. Wallace (2005)