- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Student Camp Leadership Academy - West Registration & Application Process
Date & Location
Can't make the SCLA-West dates? No problem! Find other SCLA events happening throughout the country at www.ACAcamps.org/scla.
Cost includes $35 program fee and $115 for room and board. Registration includes:
- All program material
- Overnight accommodations on Sunday & Monday
- All meals during the retreat
- Local ground transportation to and from the retreat location if needed
*NOTE: In addition to paying registration fees, successful completion of the SCLA Application Process & acceptance by the SCLA -West Committee is required. Applicants who will be using airline transportation should not book their flights until acceptance into the program has been confirmed. If an applicant is not accepted, registration fees will be refunded.
Prospective participants must submit an application for SCLA, with the following steps:
- Become an ACA Member. ACA currently has a special promotion for a free 1 year membership. To sign up, click here.
- Pay Registration Fees. Click on the link above or call (800) 428-2267.
- Complete the Application Form and Essay Questions. Download Application and Essay Questions (writeable PDF).
- Complete the Addendum: Scholarship Request if you'd like to be considered for a scholarship (optional - Scholarship Addendum is the final page of the application).
- Obtain a Letter of Support from a camp professional.
- Include a Current Resume in the application materials.
- Submit Application Materials (application form, essay questions, resume and letter of support) to: lreppert@ACAcamps.org or fax ATTN: Lupine Reppert to (765) 342-2065.
REGISTRATION & APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 21, 2014.
Scholarships are available for qualified applicants - selection will be based on the quality of applications submitted. Scholarship awards will cover the cost of room and board ($115) - if selected, participants are responsible for the program fee ($35) and the cost of travel to the retreat location (beyond local ground transportation). If you'd like to be considered for a scholarship, complete the "Scholarship Option" section of the SCLA application. Scholarship applications are due February 21, 2014: awardees will be notified of acceptance by March 7, 2014. For SCLA applicants who are accepted into the program but not awarded a scholarship, registration fees are due March 14, 2014.
Cancellations before 6pm on the registration deadline will be granted with a cancellation fee, assessed at 15% the total paid. Cancellations received after the registration deadline will not be refunded. No-shows are not refundable. Written copy of the cancellation is required and can be faxed or emailed ATTN: Lupine Reppert to: (765) 342-2065 fax or lreppert@ACAcamps.org. Phone cancellations are not accepted. If ACA, Southern CA/HI cancels the event for which you have registered, the registration fee paid will be fully refunded. ACA, Southern CA/HI is not responsible for any expenses incurred by you as a result of your registration, whether the event is attended, postponed, or cancelled. All registration payments must be made by the event date in order for participants to be admitted to the event.