The ACA Buyer's Guide is an excellent resource allowing camp owners and directors the confidence they need for sound purchasing decisions.
Most camps secure insurance to cover their operations. A few camps are self-insured. Most insurance companies will want to do a safety audit before insuring you. Consider the following insurance coverage types (consult with an insurance professional).
- Property: percentage of actual or replacement value
- Comprehensive general liability
- Worker compensation: owner/officer options
- Health insurance for the owner, staff, and campers
- Personal property
- Vehicle liability
- Certificate of insurance from the camp owner if you plan to rent or lease
Risk Management: Changing Risk — Paying for and Coordinating Health Care at Camp after Health Care Reform
Maintaining Perspective — Is There Still a Place for Camper Accident and Sickness Insurance in Your Camp Risk Management Plan?