This course is designed orient camp directors and administrators to the step-by-step process of implementing an assessment system that promotes positive youth outcomes at camp. Starting with an overview of the key concepts of positive youth development, we'll focus on two major facets of assessment at camp: assessment of program processes and assessment of camper outcomes. Participants will complete Application Exercises throughout the course in order to apply course concepts directly to their specific camp. Through this course, and through the thoughtful completion of the Application Exercises, participants will have several implementation-ready tools to use when building their camp's assessment system.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the role of camp programs in creating positive youth outcomes.
- Link camp programs with desired outcomes through a logic model.
- Understand the ways their specific camp will gather program and outcome assessment information.
- Use program and outcome assessment information to improve programs and achieve desired outcomes.
- Access a variety of ACA resources available to assist in the assessment process.
Course Length: 1.5 hours