This course provides critical information for directors and frontline staff on the process of reporting possible child abuse and neglect, including an overview of types of abuse and neglect and possible indicators. The course explains the importance of conducting the correct type of "interview" with a child when abuse or neglect is reported. Resources for identifying state laws on reporting requirements and locating penalties for failure to report are provided.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the various types of abuse.
- Know where to go to find state laws on reporting abuse and neglect.
- Explain why children with special needs are at a higher risk for abuse and neglect.
- Know the penalty for failure to report abuse and or neglect.
- Know some of the possible indicators of abuse and neglect.