Meal time at camp can be filled with fun, but there are many challenges. How do you maximize the good qualities of your staff to help them guide their campers as well as encourage them to shape their own behaviors in appropriate but not overbearing ways? This webinar will prepare you to train your staff to understand how to deal with manners, picky eaters, food hoarding and other disordered eating behaviors.
By the end of the webinar participant will learn:
- What campers need to eat to be healthy, including appropriate portions sizes.
- How to model good choices.
- The importance of the role of the counselor.
- To set realistic goals for mealtime behaviors of campers and acceptable strategies for dealing with those choices
- To identify behaviors that may need further intervention.