- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
ACA Camper Scholarship Program for Camps
Building Bridges of Understanding
The camp experience has the unique ability to break down economic, racial, geographic, religious, ethnic and social barriers. Camp celebrates diversity and promotes understanding. And open-hearted children become open-minded adults.
The American Camp Association invites you as an ACA-Accredited® camp to take an active role in promoting unity and an appreciation of differences among your campers. The ACA Camper Scholarship Program was designed to help ACA-accredited camps do that.
Each year, participating camps give scholarships to campers who cannot afford the entire camp fee and whose presence at camp will broaden the composition of the camp community.
Building the Bridge:
- If you are an ACA-accredited camp, you are eligible. You must submit a list of benchmarks by which scholarship recipients will be evaluated and selected.
- Solicit contributions from parents, businesses, organizations and foundations. All donor checks must be made payable to the ACA Campership Program with your camp's name in the lower left-hand corner and may be sent directly to ACA, or you may collect and forward them.
Free brochures describing the ACA Campership Program are available for distribution in soliciting donations. Contact ACA's development department at 765-342-8456 or contribute@ACAcamps.org for brochures, applications or for general information about joining the scholarship program.
- The ACA credits funds received to your camp's account and routes a donor acknowledgment for each gift back to you so you can attach a personal "thank you" to the donor. Note: Camp owners and operators may not make contributions to their own camp's scholarship fund.
- Select your scholarship recipients. Camp directors must complete an application (MS Word) for each scholarship. Relatives of a camp’s owner, operator, or employees are not eligible for scholarships, nor may the individual choosing the scholarship recipients be a donor or be influenced by a donor.
- The ACA issues a check and account balance statement within fourteen working days of receiving the participating camp’s request for scholarship funds. The total amount requested cannot exceed the amount in your camp’s account.
Invite diversity into your camp and build a bridge of understanding that stands the test of time and proves it is the compassion we have in common that bonds us together as human beings.
* A 7.5 percent administration fee will be assessed on all campership contributions at the time they are credited to a camp's account.
For more information on how you can help change a child's life, contact contribute@ACAcamps.org or 765-342-8456, ext. 517.