- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Important Facts About ACA’s Send a Child to Camp Fund
- The Send a Child to Camp Fund is a program designed to collect donations from individuals and organizations to directly benefit the many children who are financially underprivileged whose lives we can change for the better through the camp experience.
- 82 cents of every dollar contributed to the Send a Child to Camp Fund goes directly to sending a child to camp.
- In the first year of the Send a Child to Camp Fund, the program was launched in five major areas: Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, and New York City. As the scholarship fund grows each year, ACA broadens participation to other regions until we are able to include camps and serve children across the entire country. Currently we are serving children in the New England states, New York, New Jersey, southern California, and in a number of Midwest states.
- Resident and day camps eligible to host children through the Send a Child to Camp camp scholarship program must be ACA-accredited®, nonprofit camps in participating regions. Final camp selections and scholarship recipients will be chosen by ACA regional executives in conjunction with other institutional organizations (such as Social Services) and parent and volunteer committees.
- Make a Donation Online—Help Send a Child to Camp
For more information on how you can help change a child's life, contact contribute@ACAcamps.org or 765-342-8456, ext. 501.