ACA wants to help busy camp professionals remain current on the research around "hot topics" that may affect our programs and practices or may be helpful with grant applications or key messages around the importance of the camp experience. "Briefing Papers" and "CARE Packages" are resource sites that continue to be developed and updated. We welcome additional contributions! If interested, please contact Deb Bialeschki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The "Briefing Papers" are short summaries of the current research on a particular topic. They provide key findings from camprelated research as well as research from other related fields such as sociology, psychology, social work, health sciences, and recreation. A bibliography is included for each topic for further followup.
Here is a list of the briefing papers that you can access as a member. The first one is available to you for free. To view all the briefing papers, log in.
- Adjustment to Separation and Camp
- Campers with Serious Illness
- Challenging Activities and Camps
- Child-Adult Relationships New
- Decision-Making and Camps
- Emotional Intelligence (Canadian study) New
- Emotional Safety and Camps
- Family Camp Experiences
- Injury and Illness in Camps
- Learning and Camp
- Noncognitive Learning
- Peer Relationships and Camps
- Physical Activity and Camps
- Self-Determination Theory
- Siblings of Children with Serious Illness New
- Staff Practices of High Quality Youth Programs
- Teamwork and Camps
- Workforce Skill Development in Camp