- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Camping Magazine: 2009 May/June
Volume 82 Number 3
Staff Training at Its Best
- The Boy in the Boat: Life Lessons Learned at Camp
By Stephen Wallace, M.S. Ed., and Ben Seifer
- Do It Your Way: How Understanding Your Personality Will Make You a Better Counselor
By Ethan D. Schafer, Ph.D.
- 20/20 Toolbox: Everybody’s In, Nobody’s Out!
By Bob Ditter
- Heightened Awareness Camp Counseling: Going Beyond Great
By Jeffrey Leiken, M.A.
- Chance vs. Choice: Staff Decisions in a Typical Camp Day
By Kim Aycock, M.S.T.
- The Impact of the Loss of Free, Undirected Play in Childhood (And What Camps Can Do About It)
By Michael Thompson, Ph.D.
- The Power of Camp: Camp Changes Lives in Positive Ways
By Jessica Coleman
- Collaborative Problem Solving: Cool Hot Tempers and Promote Durable Behavior Change in High-Conflict Situations
By Christopher Thurber, Ph.D.
- Yes, You Need to Be a Grownup Every Day
By Greg Cronin