- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Connecting Children with Nature
Developed in partnership with the National Recreation and Park Association, this course explores the causes of “nature-deficit disorder” and strategies for exposing children to authentic nature-based experiences. National leaders and initiatives in the movement to connect children and nature are highlighted.
Upon completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify why children need to develop a stronger relationship with nature;
- Recognize the health problems caused by failure to spend time outdoors;
- Discuss how we as a society arrived at this problem;
- Describe the health benefits of playing outside;
- Illustrate what different groups and organizations are doing to combat this situation;
- Explain how youth development professionals are working to foster future environmental stewards; and
- Identify resources and best practices for ways that professionals and citizens can get involved.
The development of this course was generously supported by the Lilly Endowment Inc.
Length: 3 hours
ACA CECs: 3.0
Price: $75 per person (no group pricing)
You Might Also Like . . .
Prices shown are ACA member prices. First-time members can join ACA for free today.
Nature and Environment