Youth Mental Health First Aid Course
Millersville, TN 37072
$70 members, $100 non-members
The Youth Mental Health First Aid Course is designed to teach individuals how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis. The course introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development, and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help people in both crisis and non-crisis situations. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD), and eating disorders. The scenarios used throughout the course are camp based.
Safe and Healthy Meetings
ACA is committed to providing opportunities to engage in the safest and most enjoyable in-person experience possible. Learn more.
Registration includes Youth Mental Health First Aid course and course materials.
- Cabin-style group lodging is available on October 18, 2022. See Camp Holloway tab for additional details.
- Not an ACA member? Join today for FREE and get the best rate for this course!
Cabin style lodging is available at Camp Holloway for an additional fee. If you need lodging on Tuesday, October 18 please select this option when you are registering for the ACA, Heart of the South Fall Gathering.
- Cabins are climate controlled and have refrigerators.
- Bathrooms with showers are located in the cabins.
- Guests will need to provide their own linens and towels.
- Meals will not be provided for overnight guests. There are a variety of dining options nearby.
- The cost is $30 per person.
When registering for the ACA, Heart of the South Fall Gathering, please select the lodging option in step 4.
If you are not staying for the Fall Gathering, but need lodging on October 18, please contact Abbie Parker, aparker@ACAcamps.org, 765-349-3526.