The "Healthy Camp Toolbox"--developed through the support of Markel Insurance  (an ACA Mission Partner)--provides a variety of resources for addressing health and safety issues in camps.
Research and Promising Practices for Reducing Injuries and Illnesses
- The American Camp Association conducted a five year study to benchmark camp-related injury and illness in U.S. camps called the Healthy Camp Study. This Impact Report . summarizes what we learned. (See page 24 for specific injury and illness prevention strategies.) The Healthy Camp Study was honored with a 2012 ASAE Summit Award. 
Resources for Professional Development and Staff Training
- Recorded webinar: Exploring Technology for Camp Health Services 
- Recorded webinar: Preventing Traumatic Head Injuries in Camps and Other Youth Settings 
- Online course: An Ounce of Prevention: Collecting & Using Camp Injury-Illness Data for Program Improvement 
- Online course: Health and Safety: Preventing Injuries and Illnesses (4-part series) 
- Online course: A Counselor's Role in Healthcare 
Resources for Parents and Caregivers
- Add this parent flyer to your camp registration packets to partner with parents to reduce injuries and illnesses at camp- A Healthy Camp Begins and Ends at Home!  (PDF).
Resources for Camp Operations and Healthcare Services
- Some camps are using electronic records and incorporating technologies in a myriad of ways to support camp healthcare. Learn about considerations in the selection of camp healthcare technologies 
- Additional resources for injury and illness prevention  related to the Healthy Camp Study.
- Creating Healthy Camp Experiences - policy statement from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- FREE Excel-based tool and code list for injury and illness monitoring 
- Concussion resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 
- Related books/DVDs from the ACA bookstore
- Related Camping Magazine articles from ACA
- Related PowerPoint presentations  from ACA