Articles on Healthy Eating, Nutrition, and Healthy Lifestyles at Camps
Professional Development and Training Opportunities
- Webinar — Camps' Role in Fighting Obesity 
- Other online training opportunites through the e-Institute at ACA's Professional Development Center
Research on Camps' Impact on Children's Health
Federal Legislation and Programs
- Improving Nutrition for America's Children Act of 2010 (HR 5504):  A bill to increase children’s access to nutritious meals, enhance the quality of meals children eat both in and out of school and in child care settings, implement new school food safety guidelines and, to establish nutrition standards for all foods sold in schools.
- US Department of Agriculture Summer Feeding Program:  A program designed to fill the nutrition gap for children during the summer when school meals are unavailable. Camps can become participants in the program to ensure that all children receive the nutritious meals they need
Other Organizations Dedicated to Children's Nutrition and Exercise
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 
- Let's Move : The initiative of First Lady Michelle Obama to combat childhood obesity.
- American Academy of Pediatrics 
- USDA: Child Nutrition and Health 
- National Institutes of Health: Child Nutrition 
- Kids Health 
- Association of Camp Nurses