- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
- This Is Your Brain on Faith at Camp. Rev. Dr. Paul Hill, 2013 RAC Luncheon at ACA National Conference. Find more of Paul's work online at vibrantfaith.org
- ACA Bookstore, Faith-Based Resources
- Purchase Spiritual Well-Being Scale of Youth Outcomes Battery. For more information see Youth Outcomes Battery.
- Camping Magazine, Camps and Spirituality by Nancy Ferguson
- Is There Common Ground? Exploring Youth Development Priorities and Staff Competencies Across Religious and Secular Camps
In the spring of 2007, ACA religiously-affiliated (RA) (n=89) and secular camps (n=214) from across the country participated in a study entitled “Is There Common Ground?” conducted by ACA, the Search Institute, and the National Collaboration for Youth. The ACA focus in the project was to explore the core competencies of staff working in both types of camps as well as their interests in and concerns about working together. The camp sample included a diverse set of camps, representing resident camps (64 percent); day camps (16 percent); and both resident and day camps (19 percent). Christianity was the most common religious affiliation of RA camps. Secular camps tended to be “independent nonprofit camps” (39 percent); “agency camps” (33 percent); or “independent for-profit camps” (22 percent).
- See the final report of Lilly Endowment's Indiana Camp Ministries Enhancement Program (ICMEP). This four year project with Indiana camps revealed