How to Use ACA’s Camper Scholarship Program for Camp Moves Me

For-profit camps that want their Camp Moves Me funds to be tax-deductible to donors can do so by utilizing ACA’s Camper Scholarship Program.

The Camper Scholarship Program helps ACA-accredited camps give scholarships to campers who cannot afford the entire camp fee and whose presence at camp will broaden the composition of the camp community.

To raise funds through the Camper Scholarship Program, follow these steps:

  1. Apply to the scholarship program. (Only ACA-accredited camps are eligible. Requirements and application instructions can be found on our Camper Scholarship web page.)
  2. Gather contributions from parents, alumni, businesses, etc. Checks must be made payable to “ACA Campership Program” and have your camp’s name in the lower left memo line. Online donations are also accepted.
  3. After receiving a donation, ACA will credit the funds to your camp’s account (minus a 7.5 percent administration fee).
  4. Select your scholarship recipients and complete an application for each scholarship.

Within 14 working days of receiving your camp’s request for scholarship funds, ACA will issue a check for the amount requested (as long as it does not exceed the amount in your camp’s account).