- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Job Opportunities & Job Fairs
Everglades Youth Conservation Camp (EYCC)- Camp Director
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is seeking a self-motivated, energetic, outcome-oriented individual to assist with the expansion of the Florida Youth Conservation Centers Network (FYCCN). Interested individuals must be passionate about getting youth outside to create the next generation that cares about fish and wildlife resources. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall management of programs and operations at the EYCC; staff recruitment and retention; training and supervision; and facilities planning.The incumbent will report directly to the FYCCN Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee the daily operations of residential camp including food service, programming, business, camper and staff supervision
• Coordinate with and assist Education Coordinator with summer camp program and duties.
• Develop and implement camp policy and procedures that includes crisis and risk management, emergency procedures and contact information
• Oversee management of the food service program including supervision of Food Service Manager and food orders and ensuring health and safety regulations are followed.
• Hire seasonal summer camp staff
• Enforce camp code of conduct for campers and staff
• Facilitate communication between campers, parents and staff to address and resolve conflicts, child development issues and parental concerns.
Ensure compliance, maintain procedures and operate according to American Camp Association standards
• Examine current ACA guidelines for changes in regulation and become familiar with additions or alterations
• Maintain camp ACA standards book
• Coordinate ACA certification process every 3 years
• Supervise and complete all required training related to ACA standards, risk management, child protection policy
Oversee the camp budget and financial management operations (e.g. salaries, camp supplies, food services, training expenses, etc.)
• Maintain accurate and detailed financial records
• Develop and monitor budget for camp operations and make recommendations for future budget appropriations.
Design and implement a camp strategic and marketing plan to increase camper attendance and camp usage.
• Coordinate with EYCC Education Coordinator on development and marketing of school-year educational programs, and analyze enrollment trends
• Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies
• Assist with fundraising as it applies to the strategic planning and revenue objectives
Manage property development and maintenance needs to ensure stewardship of current resources and identification of future needs.
• Coordinate with Site Manger/Maintenance to monitor facility and property maintenance needs
• Conduct annual assessment of property and maintenance needs
• Prepare annual and long-term property plan
• Arrange and secure all necessary permits required for the operation of a residential camp (Board of Health, Building Inspector and Fire Inspector)
• Conduct an pre- and post-camp inventory of supplies stored at EYCC and determine any additional supplies necessary to support the program
Communicate with stakeholders, constituents and partners
• Represent EYCC/FYCCN in positive and constructive manner to the community that is consistent with the mission and values set forth by FYCCN mission and future goals.
• Promote EYCC programs and facilities to the general public, specialty groups and the press to gain support of the camp and increase camp occupancy.
• Develop new and nurture ongoing relationships with partners and stakeholder and organizations or individuals that will help EYCC.
• Communicate effectively to visitors about EYCC through in-person, telephone and program/event interactions
• Maintain up-to-date information about EYCC program opportunities at center kiosks, website, calendar, social networking and other venues
To Learn More Contact:
Rae Waddell, 2574 Seagate Drive, Suite 100, Tallahassee, FL 32301 or email@example.com
Deadline – Feb. 21, 2014 or until filled