DESCRIPTION AND LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Conducting effective aquatics staff skills verification and in-service training is critical to risk management, yet these tasks can be daunting for directors and aquatics operators. The best way to know for sure if aquatics staff are ready to do their jobs is to get them in the water and see them demonstrate their skills—but operators often don't know what those skills are, how to assess them, or what in-service training should include. This webinar targets aquatics staff skills verification and in-service training—two of the most commonly missed ACA standards! Learn specific training activities you can use at your pool or waterfront.
Through this webinar, participants will learn:
- Why aquatics staff skills verification and in-service training are critical to risk management
- The importance for staff to physically demonstrate capacity to execute rescue skills
- Why looking up aquatics skills online is not the same as actually doing them in/on the water, and why this matters
- Be able to identify critical skills required for aquatics staff
- Training activities that they can implement at their own facilities (handout)