Campers are at the center of our camp planning, which makes them a great source of information about camp activities, staff, facilities, and events. Asking campers to share their feelings about camp not only provides this valuable information, but also gives campers a sense of voice in their camp experience. Surveying campers can be a simple, routine part of the camp schedule; however, it is important to think through the logistics before giving campers a survey for the first time. This webinar provides practical tips and simple tricks for successfully surveying campers during and after the camp season. These strategies will prepare your camp for gathering valuable information from your campers this summer.
By the end of the webinar, participants will:
- Learn how to craft their goals for surveying campers.
- Identify which survey method or methods is/are best for achieving their surveying goals.
- Compare and contrast surveying campers during the camp experience, at the end of the experience, or once they have returned home.
- Consider potential challenges they might face when surveying campers at their camp.
- Understand how to access ACA resources to help create and administer camper surveys.