- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
ACA, Southeastern Fall Camp Conference
Thank you to everyone who supported our 2013 Fall Conference!
Handouts from a session you might have missed:
ACA Hotline Round Table
From C- to A+: Making the Grade for Written Communication from Staff to Parents by Improving Observation Skills
- Shrinking radius of play – from 1 mile to 500 feet
- By 21 a boy has experienced 10,000 hours of screen time. It only takes 4800 hours to obtain a BA.
- Daniel Pink – IQ only impacts 4 to 10% of one’s success
- Robert Pianta – average 5th grader spends 90% of time at desk – alone
- Our culture now has 5 working generations
- 1 in 3 kids are overweight or obese
- 40% of schools have eliminated or cut back on recess
- Time spent outside has decreased by 50% in the last two decades
- 25% decline in unstructured play
- From 1997 to 1981-168% more time shopping with parents, 145% more time doing schoolwork at home, 55% less time conversing with others at home
Kickin Good Art Class
Moving Past the “Last Summer” Syndrome: Refocusing and Energizing Veteran Staff
- Command Performance
- Elements of Camp Program
- Good Things BINGO
- Last Summer Syndrome Handout
- Lessons from a Sandbox
- Staff Personalities
- Turn Over a New Leaf
Sponge as a Reusable Ice Pack
Staff Motivators Round Table
What Do You Want to Know and How Will You Know It?
- Adapting Evaluation Tools
- Considerations to Develop Surveys
- Create an Evaluation Form
- Evaluation Cover Letter
- Evaluation Form- Quality Checklist
- Evaluation Overview
Our Conference was Endorsed!
Your endorsement letters will be emailed shortly!
ACA's Educational Endorsement Program is a platform to connect learners to educational opportunities.
Participants who attend the full conference will receive 7.5 CECs.
Participants who attend Tuesday only will receive 3.75 CECs
Participants who attend 1/2 Day Wednesday only will receive 2.5 CECs
Participants who attend the EPIC Pre-conference will receive an additional 4 CECs
Participants who attend the Standards Pre-Conference will receive an additional 6 CECs