- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
This course provides critical information for directors and frontline staff on the process of reporting possible child abuse and neglect, including an overview of types of abuse and neglect and possible indicators. The course explains the importance of conducting the correct type of "interview" with a child when abuse or neglect is reported. Resources for identifying state laws on reporting requirements and locating penalties for failure to report are provided.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the various types of abuse.
- Know where to go to find state laws on reporting abuse and neglect.
- Explain why children with special needs are at a higher risk for abuse and neglect.
- Know the penalty for failure to report abuse and or neglect.
- Know some of the possible indicators of abuse and neglect.
Course Length: 1 hour
Course Credit: 1.0 CEC
TWO Purchase Options
Price: $35 member; $70 nonmember
Purchase access for ten persons (up to 10*)
Price: $55 member; $110 nonmember
Please note the following for subscription access:
- You will be required to provide access information to each learner that will be sent to you upon purchase.
- The cost of the course allows you to buy access to ACA courses in multiples of 10. You can purchase as many sets of ten as you need.
- Your staff may complete the program at their convenience.
Mary Fuller Everhart received her BA in Criminal Justice from St. Leo University in 1987. Ms. Everhart is employed as the Training and Development Director for Mandatory Reporting at the Children’s Law Center, University of South Carolina School of Law. With over 30 years of experience in law enforcement, Mary is currently a trainer for the SC Department of Education in the area of Mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect and has trained more than 14,300 mandatory reporters in the last three years. She has extensive experience teaching youth program providers around the United States on the topic of interviewing children and on mandatory reporting of abuse and neglect.
You Might Also Like . . .
Prices shown are ACA member prices. First-time members can join ACA for free today.
Health and Wellness
Human Resources Management