- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
ACA Accreditation: Key Messages for the Media
Incorporate these messages everywhere you can – on the phone, in camp tours, camp fairs, in all print literature, videos, Web site – everywhere!
The Value of ACA Accreditation
- ACA accreditation verifies that a camp has complied with up to 300 standards for health, safety, and program quality, which are recognized by courts of law and government regulators.
- ACA-accreditation standards cover all aspects of camp operation from site/food service and health care to management and staffing.
- The American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at ACA-Accredited® camps reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation.
- Accreditation is a parent’s best evidence of a camp’s commitment to health and safety.
- ACA accreditation assures parents that the camp has had a regular, independent safety audit that goes beyond regulations in most states.
- Parents can (and should) verify the accreditation status of any camp at any time. This may be accomplished through ACA's Web site at www.ACAcamps.org (Click on Find A Camp!) or by calling 800-428-CAMP.
If your child's camp isn't ACA accredited, ask WHY NOT? Read more . . . .