ACA standards visitors believe the benefits they receive by far exceed the investment they make in time to train for and visit camps. This is your chance at the best professional development ever!
These 2 steps will get you on the path to becoming an ACA Visitor! These items MUST be completed at least 1 month prior to the start of the Associate Visitor Course.
Submit Your Associate Visitor Application
Associate Visitor Course Dates
- Review the ACA Associate Visitor/Visitor Service Description.
- Be a current ACA individual member.
- Acknowledge and accept the Professional Conduct for Accreditation Volunteers
- Successfully complete the online pre-course work. This will be assigned once application and registration are approved. The online pre-course work includes the Accreditation Process Workshop so you are up to date. This entire online pre-course work will take 3-4 hours.
- Successfully attended all sessions of the Associate Visitor Course.
- Upon completion of the course, instructor recommendation, and local leadership approval, applicants will be ready to serve.
A Chance to Learn
- During your training, you will build a network of other camp pros and polish your skills of observation and open-ended questions. Develop into the peer-mentor you always wished you had!
- You may read about programming in Camping Magazine and even listen to a colleague explain how a program works, but the value of seeing other programs in operation is unmatched.
- You will see first-hand how other camps accomplish their missions and reach their goals. See how they make it work in day-to-day operations.
- Get tips and ideas you can use in your own camp.
A Chance to Share
- The ACA accreditation program is a voluntary peer-review program and process. Your involvement and investment as an ACA visitor is a significant contribution to the camp community:
- Our campers deserve the best. ACA is dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults through the camp experience. When you help more camps maintain their accreditation or become accredited, you play a significant part in fulfilling our ACA mission.
- It's a way to give something back. You have learned so much about how to operate a quality camp through the accreditation program, now you have a way to make sure that others can have the same chance for knowledge and growth that you have had.
A Chance to Save Money
- Save $105 a year on ACA membership.
Questions? Contact Us:
- Teresa Tucker, ACA Assistant Director of Accreditation | 765-369-3522
- Colette Marquardt, ACA Illinois | 312-332-0833
- Kyle Medeiros, ACA New York/New Jersey | 212-391-5208
- Elizabeth Snell, ACA New England | 781-541-6080