- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Bullying Prevention — Camps Take a Stand
Bullying prevention is one of five hot topics on the minds of camp staff. To help address this issue, the American Camp Association, in collaboration with Dr. Joel Haber, is pleased to present several tools to aid in bullying prevention.
Read Dr. Haber's recent article, "Bullying Prevention: Are You Up to Speed?"
Read "Summer Bullying Prevention Tips For Your Family," by Marlo Thomas, featuring an interview with Dr. Haber
Explore the following resources to use with your camp staff, campers, and camp families:
- Camp policy statement about bullying prevention (PDF)
- Anti-Bullying Policy (MS Word, can be personalized)
- Tip sheet for staff training (PDF)
- Letter to parents explaining the camp's policy on bullying prevention (PDF)
- Letter to parents (MS Word, can be personalized)
- Bullying Prevention Bibliography (PDF)
The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of the American Camp Association, Inc. All material provided on the ACA Web site is provided for educational or informational use only and is not intended to be used in lieu of medical or emotional therapy for those in need of short or long-term psychiatric or emotional care. We suggest you consult an appropriate health care provider in your community regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your specific situation or medical condition. Links are provided solely as a service to the public.