Simplify your giving. A donor advised fund, which is like a charitable savings account, gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to ACA and other qualified charities. You can recommend a grant or recurring grants now to make an immediate impact or use your fund as a tool for future charitable gifts.
You can also create a lasting legacy by naming ACA the beneficiary of the entire account or a percentage of the fund. With a percentage, you can create a family legacy of giving by naming your loved ones as your successor to continue recommending grants to charitable organizations. Contact your fund administrator for a beneficiary form.
To recommend a gift through your donor advised fund:
- Contact your fund manager to recommend a grant or log into your fund and make a grant online.
- Gifts from a donor advised fund to the American Camp Association (or ACA) should be made payable to: The American Camping Association, Tax ID 35-0962419.
- If you are making a gift through a donor advised fund to the American Camping Foundation including to the Acorn Society and/or the Cheley Family Endowment, the check should be made payable to the American Camping Foundation Inc., Tax ID 35-1811277
- Mail gifts from donor advised funds for either the American Camp Association or the American Camping Foundation to: The American Camp Association, 5000 State Road 67 North Martinsville, Indiana 46151-7902.
- If applicable, please designate your preferred fund in the memo line, in separate correspondence, or by contacting Andrea Stearly, 765-349-3305, astearley@ACAcamps.org.
- It is important to remember that donor advised fund gifts have some restrictions. Please consult your financial or tax advisor.