ACA Winding Rivers Midwest Camp Gathering
Potosi, MO 63664
See pricing details below
Please join ACA, Great Rivers and ACA, St. Louis for the Winding Rivers Midwest Camp Gathering at YMCA Trout Lodge in Potosi, Missouri. Participants can count on two days of first-rate professional development and networking. Highlights include engaging keynotes, timely and relevant breakout sessions, and roundtable discussions all geared to get you ready for summer 2024.
Call for Proposals
The conference program committee is now accepting proposals for innovative and dynamic sessions. Lectures, hands-on sessions, and panel discussions are welcome! The deadline to submit is December 19, 2023. Submit a Session Proposal
Early Bird registration is available through January 12, 2024
- Conference registration includes opening keynote on Tuesday, March 5 through closing keynote on Thursday, March 7, as well as socials and networking events.
- The Wednesday commuter rate includes conference program on Wednesday, March 6, as well as lunch and dinner that day.
- YMCA Trout Lodge has a wide range of accommodations to fit any preference. Rates start at $99 per adult and include lodging, meals, and all free activities. See YMCA Trout Lodge tab for additional details and how to book your lodging.
- Not an ACA member? Join today for FREE and get the best rates for this event!
|Additional person from same organization - Member||$145||$175|
|Additional person from same organization - Non-Member||$215||$240|
|Retiree / Student||$115||$130|
|Commuter - Wednesday ONLY - Member||$95||$110|
|Commuter - Wednesday ONLY - Non-Member||$120||$145|
Tuesday, March 5, 2024
- 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Youth Mental Health First Aid Preconference
- 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Registration
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Welcome & Opening Keynote - Celebrating the Rock Star Camp Counselor with Jason LeVasseur
- 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Educational Breakout Session #1
- 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Dinner
- 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Social - Open Mic Night with Jason LeVasseur
Wednesday, March 6, 2024
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Breakfast
- 9:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Morning Keynote
- 10:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. Educational Breakout Session #2
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Educational Breakout Session #3
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Educational Breakout Session #4
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Roundtable Discussions
- 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Dinner
- 7:15 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. EPIC (Emerging Professionals in Camping) Get Together
- 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Social
Thursday, March 7, 2024
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Educational Breakout Session #5
- 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. Educational Breakout Session #6
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Educational Breakout Session #7
- 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Closing Keynote
Jason LeVasseur is an award winning musician and speaker who has shared the stage with The Roots, Ludacris, Train, John Mayer, J. Cole, The Dave Matthews band, and Maroon 5. He's also a 33 year summer camp veteran and is currently the program director at the camp he began attending as a 9 year old. Jason is an inspiring leadership speaker, a wilderness guide, a podcast host, a bad dancer, and a fan and friend to all of us at the ACA! His team-building expertise and ability captivate a crowd guides all of his keynotes and workshops, skillfully teaching his audience tools to strengthen their own relationships. His diverse experience in working with over 2,500 campuses, businesses, associations, and summer camps has given Jason a broad perspective on what is important for teams and team leaders to come together and succeed.
Opening Keynote - Celebrating The Rock Star Counselor
With over 25 years of experience as a performer and speaker and over 25 awards to support his work, Jason has helped thousands of audiences build great connections, grow their professional network, celebrate their own positive impact and influence, and have tons of fun along the way!!! Join, Jason at the opening keynote and celebrate everything about you that makes you an amazing Rock Star Camp Counselor. Jason will share stories, sing songs, and get you excited about the influential role that you play as an amazing friend, team member, and mentor!
Lisa Bergman (they/them) is a self-proclaimed camp junkie and loves facilitating team building and high ropes. They served 2 years in Peace Corps Lesotho teaching high school math and another 2 years in Peace Corps Response Malawi training STEM teachers and facilitating youth development via chess clubs and leadership camp. Currently, they are a masters student at Illinois State University studying Kinesiology and Recreation with an emphasis in community and economic development. Ultimately, they plan to return to Malawi and build a youth development center with a focus on agricultural education and team building.
Wednesday Keynote - Creating Inclusive Camp Environments: Navigating Ableism and Fostering Accessibility for Neurodivergent Individuals
Let's explore the critical role camp professionals play in creating inclusive and accessible environments for individuals with sensory sensitivities and neurodivergent traits. Understanding and addressing ableism is at the forefront of building a truly inclusive camp experience. We will explore the history of ableism and how pervasive it is in our everyday lives with a specific focus on how it appears in a camp setting and what we can do about it.
We are excited to be at YMCA Trout Lodge, a stunning outdoor retreat nestled in the heart of the Ozarks, located in Potosi, Missouri. Trout Lodge boasts over 5,200 acres of rolling hills, lush forests, and serene lakes.
YMCA Trout Lodge has a wide range of accommodations to fit any preference. Reserve either a rustic cabin or cozy lodge room where you can relax, recharge, and enjoy modern amenities.
- Accessible rooms for an inclusive and comfortable stay.
- Rates include lodging, meals, and all free activities.
- The meals included with your stay start with dinner the day you arrive until lunch the day you depart.
- Maximum occupancy: 5 per guest room, 6 per loft room, and 10 per cabin.
- Check-in time is 5:00 p.m. & check-out time is 11:30 a.m.
- $99 per adult (ages 18+)
- Rates are per person plus additional flat fee per night for loft rooms ($30 per night) and cabins ($100 per night). No additional fee for a guest room.
Contact YMCA Trout Lodge to reserve your guest room or cabin today!
To reserve call 888-FUN-YMCA and let them know you are with the ACA, Winding Rivers Midwest Camp Gathering.
Reserve your room by January 12, 2024. Rooms reserved after January 12, 2024 will be accepted on a space available basis.
Youth Mental Health First Aid Course
- Tuesday, March 5, 2024
- 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Hosted at YMCA Trout Lodge
The Youth Mental Health First Aid Course is designed to teach individuals how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis. The course introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development, and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help people in both crisis and non-crisis situations. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD), and eating disorders.
This course is blended, there will be a required 2-hour online portion prior to the in-person training on March 5.
Registration includes Youth Mental Health First Aid Training and course materials.