Ready. Set. Go.
We recommend you know as much about accreditation as possible before getting started. Please attend the free one-hour webinar called Ready. Set. Go. to learn more about what to expect. Learn more about the accreditation program and the benefits of accreditation.
Deadlines for Camps Seeking Accreditation
To Do List — To receive an accreditation visit, a camp must do the following.
- Fall - Attend a Ready. Set. Go. informational webinar. Submit an application and fees as early as possible. We suggest no later than September or October. If you submit your application after February 1, your camp will not receive a visit that summer. If your program occurs primarily outside of the summer months, please contact ACA.
- Fall/Winter - Complete an Accreditation Process Workshop as soon as possible. The sooner, the better. If you haven't taken a course by March 31, your camp will not receive a visit that summer.
- Fall/Winter - Prepare materials and written documentation required by the standards; review and evaluate each area of your camp's operation using the guidelines noted in the standards.
- Fall/Winter - Take advantage of all preparation resources in the Accreditation Academy to support your work in preparing materials.
- Spring - By mid to late March, you'll have your visitor assignment.
- Spring - Submit the written documentation required in the Written Documentation Review before April 1.
- Summer - Participate in the peer review process (the "visit").
- Fall - In early November, you'll receive notification of your accreditation.
- Begin early! It can take up to 18 months to prepare for your first ACA accreditation visit. Significant written documentation is required.
- Your ACA accreditation visitor will reach out for the Written Documentation Review and to set a visit date.
- ACA's Accreditation Program is not intended to circumvent the licensure required to operate your primary business.
- Compliance with legal requirements of the jurisdictions within which a camp/program is located is the responsibility of the camp.
Applications for accreditation must be received by ACA by February 1 if you are seeking a visit in the upcoming summer.
If your camp is interested in seeking accreditation, please contact the membership team.
- We will help you understand requirements, time commitment, and work involved
- We will discuss eligibility with you
- We will discuss camp fees and the application process with you
We look forward to assisting you! Send us an email or call us at 765-342-8456 press 1.
Find out more about rates. Ready to apply now? If you want to pay by credit card, you can apply online. If you would like to pay by check, please email or call us at 800-428-2267, option 1, and we'll email a PDF to you.
Paying Your Renewal Dues/Fees?
Please do not pay with the online application.
- Have your renewal notice and are ready to pay? You can pay online.
- Don’t have your renewal notice, contact membership@ACAcamps.org.