Ready. Set. Go.
We recommend you know as much about accreditation as possible before getting started. Please attend the free one-hour webinar called Ready. Set. Go. to learn more about what to expect. Learn more about the accreditation program and the benefits of accreditation.
Deadlines for Camps Seeking Accreditation
To Do List — To receive an accreditation visit, a camp must do the following.
- Fall - Attend a Ready. Set. Go. informational webinar. Submit an application and fees as early as possible. We suggest no later than September or October. If you submit your application after February 1, your camp will not receive a visit that summer. If your program occurs primarily outside of the summer months, please contact ACA.
- Fall/Winter - Complete an Accreditation Process Workshop as soon as you are able. The sooner the better. If you haven't taken a course by March 31, your camp will not receive a visit that summer.
- Fall/Winter - Prepare materials and written documentation required by the standards; review and evaluate each area of your camp's operation, using the guidelines noted in the standards.
- Fall/Winter - Take advantage of all preparation resources in the Accreditation Academy to support your work in preparing materials.
- Spring - By mid to later March, you'll have your visitor assignment.
- Spring - Submit the written documentation required in the Written Documentation Review prior to May 1.
- Summer - Participate in the peer review process (the "visit").
- Fall - In early November, you'll receive notification of your accreditation.
- Begin early! It can take up to 18 months to prepare for your first ACA Accreditation visit. Significant written documentation is required.
- Your ACA Accreditation visitor will reach out in early April for the Written Documentation Review and to set a visit date.
- ACA's Accreditation Program is not intended to circumvent the licensure required to operate your primary business.
- Compliance with legal requirements of the jurisdictions within which a camp/program is located is the responsibility of the camp.
Applications for accreditation must be received by ACA by February 1 if you are expecting a visit in the upcoming summer.
If your camp is interested in seeking accreditation, please contact the membership team.
- We will help you understand requirements, time commitment, and work involved
- We will discuss eligibility with you
- We will discuss camp fees and the application process with you
We look forward to assisting you! Send us an email or call us at 765-342-8456 press 1.
Rates and Application
After you have spoken to someone on the membership team and you feel you are ready to take the next step:
- Accreditation – You can calculate your fees and/or apply here. Choose "Seeking Members and Accreditation." You'll be asked to enter the zip code of your camp. The deadline for applications for camps seeking and accreditation visit in the upcoming summer is February 1. If you are interested in talking about the process and what to expect, we would love to talk with you. Rates are based on the camp's operating budget and begin at $700.
- Membership – If your camp will not be seeking accreditation but is interested in becoming a member camp, you can apply here.
- Payment – You can pay online via our secure forms or print your application and mail it with a check.