ACA is committed to promoting healthy lifestyles for youth. In conjunction with its "Partnering With Parents" initiative, the American Camp Association is pleased to present a series of online Healthy Teens columns. Written for parents of teens by Stephen Wallace, Chairman and CEO of SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), the nation's preeminent youth peer-to-peer education and prevention organization, these regular columns address issues of critical concern to youth and families, providing research-based insights into the attitudes and behaviors of today's teens and practical advice for parents intent on keeping their children safe and alive.
- The Elephant in the Room: Communicating With Kids About the Economy
- A Lease on Life: Parents Play a Pivotal Role in Keeping Teens Safe During the Summer Driving Season
- Hooking Up, Losing Out: The New Culture of Teen Sex
- More Than a Village: Underage Drinking in America
- The Phantom Menace: Drugging & Driving Poses Threat toTeens During Summer Season
- Holding On, Letting Go—Graduation Season Brings Risk and Reward
- Chopper Down—Parents Get Conflicting Signals About Nurturing Teens