AmazonSmile is a program through which charitable organizations, including nonprofit camps, can receive donations when people shop at smile.amazon.com or through the Amazon Shopping app on iOS or Android phones when AmazonSmile is activated.
According to Amazon, they donate 0.5 percent of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
To be eligible for the AmazonSmile program, organizations must be registered and in good standing with the IRS as a 501(c)(3). See the full list of eligibility requirements on AmazonSmile’s Org Central web page.
To sign up to receive donations through AmazonSmile, follow these steps:
- Visit org.amazon.com and select the yellow “Register Now” button.
- Search for your camp by name or EIN number and select your organization.
- Create an organization administrator account and accept the AmazonSmile Participation Agreement on behalf of your camp. An organization administrator should be an official representative of an organization who has the authority to access and manage AmazonSmile program information on behalf of the organization.
- Verify your email address. The email address should be one associated with your organization.
- Submit your organization’s bank account information. All AmazonSmile donations are made via electronic funds transfer.
- Upload a copy of a voided check or bank statement to verify the bank account information.
To receive donations, individual shoppers must choose your organization as their AmazonSmile charity.
Tell your camp community that they can choose you as their charitable organization by following these steps:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Search for the camp’s name
- Select the camp
- When purchasing through Amazon, make sure to check out through smile.amazon.com or through an Amazon Shopping smartphone app that has AmazonSmile activated
See all Terms & Conditions at org.amazon.com.