Many camps in the United States welcome international campers into their program and value the important cultural exchange that happens when American children are given the opportunity to live side-by-side with children from other countries.  If you live outside of the United States and are interested in sending your child to camp in the U.S., you may need to obtain a visa from the U.S. Department of State.

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of participating countries to travel to the United States without a visa for stays of 90 days or less, when they meet certain requirements (see the resources section below for details).