Resources: Microvolunteerism and Virtual Volunteerism
Resources: Articles, Journals and Other Print Resources
- Amery, E.A. A Conversation with the President of the Points of Light Foundation. On Philanthropy, 2001.
- Atkinson, J., & Birch, D. (1978). An introduction to motivation. New York: Litton Education Publishing, Inc.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. Volunteering in the United States, 2003. News—United States
- Department of Labor. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labor, 2003. www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/volun.pdf
- Erwin, S., McNeely, NM., Safrit R.D., & Schwartz, V. (1996). Volunteers and Ohio State University Extension: A winning team. Columbus: Authors.
- Feather, B. (1990). Volunteers as teachers. Journal of Extension [On-line]. 28(3). Available: www.joe.org/joe/1990fall/a9.html
- Independent Sector. Giving and Volunteering in the United States: Findings from a National Survey. Washington, DC: Independent Sector, 1999.
- Independent Sector. Value of Volunteer Time. Washington, DC: Independent Sector, 2004.
- Krejcie, R.V., & Morgan, D.W. Determining sample size for research activities. In Educational and Psychological Measurement (1970) 30, 607-610.
- Laughlin, K.M., & Schmidt, J.L. (1995). Maximizing program delivery in Extension: Lessons from leadership for transformation. Journal of Extension [On-line]. 33(4). Available: www.joe.org/joe/1995august/a4.html
- Laughlin, S. (1990), The challenge of working with extenders. Journal of Extension [On-line]. 28(3). Available: http://www.joe.org/joe/1990fall/f1.html
- MacDuff, N. Volunteer Screening: An Audio Workbook. Walla Walla, WA: MBA Publishing, 1996.
- McCurley, S., and Lynch, R. Volunteer Management: Mobilizing All the Resources of the Community. Downers Grove, IL: Heritage Arts Publishing, 1996.
- Nice, R. (1994). Credit Union Management 17(10): 12.
- Ontario Rural Council. The Valuing the Rural Volunteer Toolkit. Guelph, Canada: Ontario Rural
- Council, 2002.
- Paik, A. & Navarre-Jackson, L. (2010) Social Networks, Recruitment, and Volunteering: Are Social Capital Effects Conditional on Recruitment. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly.40: 476-496.
- Roseanna Galindo-Kuhn & Ruth M. Guzley (2002): The Volunteer Satisfaction Index, Journal of Social Service Research, 28:1, 45-68
- Steele, S., Finley, C., & Edgerton, C. (1989). Partners for action: The roles of key volunteers. The Cooperative Extension system and University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Successful Strategies for Recruiting, Training, and Utilizing Volunteers: A guide for faith- and community-based service providers. (2005). U.S. Department of Health and Human Services,
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment.
- Wenger, S. Volunteers in the treatment program. Paradigm: 6–7, Summer 2000.
- Wolford, M, Cox, K. & Culp III, K. (2001). Effective Motivators for Master Volunteer Program Development. Journal of Extension, [Online]. 39(2) Available: www.joe.org/joe/2001april/rb4.php