Camp Director Handouts
Project Real Job has created assets for camp directors that cover creating university internships at your camp, what staff members need from you, and staff retention.
- Staff Retention | Retención de Personal
- What Staff Members Need from You | Lo que los Miembros del Personal Necesitan de Usted
- Creating University Internships at Your Camp
- Camp-Initiated Field-Experience Manual Template
- Guide to Field-Based Experiences for Academic Credit
- Summer Staff Press Release
Staff Recruitment Handouts
In an effort to support camps in recruiting seasonal staff, ACA has compiled handouts that can be used at camp fairs or other recruitment efforts to educate prospective employees on the value of the summer camp work experience.
- Find Your Summer Camp Dream Job
- Working at Camp Is a Real Job | Trabajar en el Campamento es un Trabajo Real
- Translating Camp Employment to Your Resume | Traducir Tu Experiencia
- Skills Cultivated by Camp Employment
These downloadable sheets provide information about the skills cultivated through camp employment and how they readily compare to the talents future employers are seeking.
Designed to supplement your recruiting materials, these free resources from the Project Real Job Task Force help tell the story about the importance of adding summer camp experience to a resume!
Ideas for Best Use of These Resources
- Print and take to job fairs
- Email to current staff to reinforce their decision to work at camp
- Share with colleges/universities on your recruiting circuit
- Post a link in a blog with a parent audience to show the value of working at camp
- Run a workshop that helps camp staff translate these skills onto their resumes
Download All 9 Handouts