Camp as a Springboard: Three Camp Characteristics Applicable to Any Career
Mon, 05/24/2021 - 13:50
Camp experiences provide invaluable skills for meaningful and fulfilling careers.
CampWire Episode 37: Camp Staff Recruiting - Finding Diverse Organizations on Campus
Sun, 05/23/2021 - 11:12
This podcast talks about how to find organizations for BIPOC students, why it is important to hire diverse staff members for summer camp, and how diversity can impact the culture of your camp.
How to Manage Camp Staff Fatigue
Mon, 04/20/2020 - 15:55
Fatigue at camp is like inclement weather at camp. You’re going to have it at some point, but if you spot it before it happens, you can take steps to be prepared for it and reduce...
How to Encourage Camp Staff to Return Next Year: An Evening Reflections Program Based on Psychological Needs
Mon, 04/06/2020 - 14:17
Staff retention is a significant challenge for many seasonal camps. Although camp managers do their best to achieve high or even equal retention rates of their seasonal staff, it...
Staffing and Human Resources — COVID-19
Job Seekers Job Resources for Summer 2020 Staffing Camp Staff Recruitment and Hiring Ideas Amid Coronavirus Concerns Important Dates for the J-1 Visa US State Department Announces...
Camp Staff Recruitment and Hiring Ideas Amid Coronavirus Concerns
Mon, 03/23/2020 - 11:40
These camp staff hiring and recruitment tips can help you find staff amid concerns about the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
Find Summer and Seasonal Camp Staff
Fri, 02/21/2020 - 13:53
Two ways to find summer and seasonal staff
1. Post a summer or seasonal job
Job seekers will find your camp's ad in three ways:
- By visiting ACA's Summer Jobs at Camp site. More than 1,500 job ads were viewed more than 268,000 times in 2021.
- By being alerted by e-mail that a new ad has been posted. More than 386,000 job agent e-mails were sent to job seekers in 2021.
- Your ad will also automatically show on Google for Jobs greatly expanding the reach to new job seekers.
2. Search resumes of job seekers
ACA promotes the service to job seekers by buying ads on Google, LinkedIn, and Facebook. We also publicize the service on social media, in ACA's newsletter, and on ACA's website.
- Contact ACA about Summer Jobs at Camp.
- Login (not the same login as for ACA's website)
- Create a new account (it will be a unique login for this site only)
A Letter From a First-Year Summer Camp Staff Member
Mon, 02/10/2020 - 13:26
This blog post in support of Project Real Job offers advice on how to help first-year staff members ease into camp life.
In & Out: Getting Staff in the Door and Turning People Down, but Not Away
Mon, 01/27/2020 - 15:04
This blog post in support of Project Real Job discusses the importance of incorporating objective criteria into your summer camp staff recruitment process.