The mission of the Faith-based Camp Professionals (previously Religiously Affiliated Camps or RAC) is to inspire, equip, and support faith-based camp staff to nurture spiritual growth through the camp and retreat experience.
We seek to . . .
- Provide opportunities for and encourage interfaith communication, understanding, and support in the camp community.
- Serve as a platform for discussion of issues facing faith-based camps and individuals affiliated with faith-based camps.
- Support leadership development within the faith-based camp community.
- Articulate the voice of faith-based camps on issues impacting camps.
- Support the work and mission of ACA.
Be Part of the Conversation
Join us for future virtual conversations among peers. Support and be supported by others.
- Being Heard & Making a Difference: Tips for Getting Your Session Proposal Accepted – April 2023 – Recorded Session
- Mental Health and Faith-based Camps with Cara Morales – March 2023 – Recorded Session
- Board Development with Ann Sheets – December 2022 – Recorded Session
- Managing Donor and Alumni Relations with Dail Ballard – March 2022 – Recording | Nonprofit Resources
- Spirituality and Environmentalism with Maggie Braun – December 2021 – Recording | Slides | Resources Mentioned
- Staffing Challenges with Project Real Job – October 2021 – Recording | Project Real Job Resources
Membership in the Faith-based Camp Professionals Group
The Faith-based Camp Professionals is an affiliate organization of the American Camp Association (ACA) and operates within guidelines created by ACA to serve the special interest of the religiously affiliated camp community. Membership in this community is open to any individual or camp that is a current member of ACA. Contact ACA's membership team for more information about joining at 765-342-8456.
- Connections to a network of peers
- Newsletter supporting your work
- National voice
- Professional development on issues important to the faith-based camp community
- Professional development in volunteer management
Faith-based Organizations with Camps
Looking for other camps just like yours? Here are some of the denominational groups that operate camps. Many of these organizations offer resources that might support your work, too.
- Association of Independent Jewish Camps
- Catholic Youth Organization
- Cedarbrook Camps
- Episcopal Camp and Conference Centers
- Evangelical Covenant Church
- Jewish Community Center Association
- Jewish Day Camp Network
- Lutheran Outdoor Ministries
- NCSY – formerly National Conference of Synagogue Youth
- Presbyterian Church Camp and Conference Association
- Ramah Camping Movement
- Salvation Army USA
- Seventh-day Adventists – North American Division of Seventh-day Adventist Camp Professionals
- Union for Reform Judaism Camps
- United Church of Christ
- United Methodist Camp & Retreat Ministries
- YMCA of the USA