ACA, Great Rivers Fall Conference
See pricing details below.
Please join us for the Great Rivers Fall Conference! A variety of educational sessions and networking opportunities will be featured. Enjoy a time of inspiration, first-rate professional development, and fun at Carol Joy Holling in Ashland, NE.
The professional development committee is now accepting proposals for educational sessions for the Great Rivers Fall Conference. Submit your Great Rivers Fall Conference proposal
Safe and Healthy Meetings
ACA is committed to providing opportunities to engage in the safest and most enjoyable in-person experience possible. Learn more.
Early Bird registration is available through October 14, 2022.
- Registration includes conference program, Wednesday night lodging, and meals (Wednesday lunch and dinner, Thursday breakfast and lunch).
- If you would like a single room on Wednesday, please select that option. Lodging is assigned on a first-come first-served basis. See Carol Joy Holling tab for additional details.
- Commuter registration is available for those staying offsite and includes conference program, Wednesday lunch and dinner and Thursday lunch.
|Additional person from same organization||
|Retiree / Student / Speaker||$150||$175|
Starting from a believe that more is possible and hell bent on getting things done, Jack Schott can't sit still. A native of Rochester, New York and avid Buffalo Bills fan, in 2012, with Laura Kriegel, Jack embarked on a 2 year research project that would change his life. Laura and Jack visited 47 states and over 200 camps before starting their own. Stomping Ground is a sleepaway camp in Saratoga Springs, New York that inspires the next generation of radically empathetic decision makers. Jack, with Sarah Kurtz Mckinnon, is the cofounder of The Summer Camp Society, and is constantly working toward more equitable, playful, and self-directed summer camp communities.
Opening Keynote: Bringing the Best to Great Rivers - Innovative Ideas From Coast to Coast
Jack Schott and Laura Kriegel spent three years traveling the country visiting and researching summer camps before founding Stomping Ground. They visited more than 200 camps and 47 states collecting the best ideas in youth development and re-imagining what is possible in an intentional community. During Jack's keynote, he will be sharing some of the most impactful ideas that he has learned throughout his travels. He will also discuss how he has applied these ideas at Stomping Ground and how we can incorporate these same forward-thinking ideas at our own camps here in Great Rivers.
Tuesday, November 15
- 12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Preconference Workshop: Building a Staff Recruitment Plan NOW!
Wednesday, November 16
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:25 a.m. - Registration
- 9:25 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. - Welcome & Opening Keynote with Jack Schott
- 11:00 a.m. - 12: 15 p.m. - Educational Breakout Sessions
- 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. - Educational Breakout Sessions
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Hot Topic Roundtables
- 4:15 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Educational Breakout Sessions
- 5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Dinner
- 6:45 p.m. - Evening Social
Thursday, November 17
- 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Accreditation Conversation
- 9:30 a.m. - 9:40 a.m. - LCOL Updates & Awards
- 9:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. - Educational Breakout Sessions
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Closing Keynote
- 12:15 p.m. - Grab & Go Lunch
Enjoy a time of education, renewal, and fun at Carol Joy Holling Retreat and Conference Center located on 317 acres of rolling hills outside of Ashland, Nebraska. Conveniently located halfway between Omaha and Lincoln, Carol Joy Holling Center features hotel style lodging, beautiful meeting spaces, and comfortable spots for visiting with friends.
Registration includes double hotel style lodging on Wednesday and four meals (Wednesday lunch and dinner, Thursday breakfast and lunch).
Single rooms are available for an additional fee. Rooms are available on a first-come first-served bases. When registering online, please select this option in step 4.
- Single hotel style lodging additional fee for November 16 - $65
If you are attending the preconference or arriving early on Tuesday, please select single or double overnight lodging for Tuesday, November 15. Overnight lodging on Tuesday includes dinner that evening and breakfast Wednesday morning.
- Single hotel style lodging on November 15 - $155
- Double hotel style lodging on November 15 - $115
If you are not staying for the Great Rivers Fall Conference, but need lodging on November 15, please contact Abbie Parker (aparker@ACAcamps.org, 765-349-3526).
Building a Staff Recruitment Plan Workshop with Jack Schott
A great staff team is the key to a great summer. It's harder than ever to recruit the right people and retain our best folks. In this workshop, led by Jack Schott, you are going to take action, use some new ideas, and most importantly, leave with a tangible doable plan to ensure that next summer you have the best staff team possible.
Tuesday, November 15
12:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Member Cost: $45
Non-Member Cost: $70