ACA, Wisconsin Fall Gathering
Lakewood, WI 54138
See pricing details below.
Please join us for the Wisconsin Fall Gathering at YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho in Lakewood, Wisconsin! Don't miss this top-notch day of professional development and networking. A variety of educational opportunities will be offered.
Safe and Healthy Meetings
ACA is committed to providing opportunities to engage in the safest and most enjoyable in-person experience possible. Learn more.
Early Bird registration is available through October 6, 2023
- Registration for the local camp tours and fall gathering includes dinner on November 1st, all conference programming, continental breakfast and lunch on November 2nd.
- Registration for the local camp tours only includes dinner on November 1st.
- Registration for the fall gathering only includes conference programming, continental breakfast and lunch on November 2nd.
- Lodging is available at YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho. See YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho tab for additional details.
- Not an ACA Member? Join today for FREE and get the best rates for this event!
|November 1 & 2 - Includes Local Camp Tour & Fall Gathering Registration|
|Additional person from same organization - Member||
|Additional person from same organization - Non-Member||$78||$96|
|Retiree / Student / Speaker||$45||$55|
|November 1 - Local Camp Tours Registration (day only)|
|Member / Non-Member||$31||$31|
|November 2 - Fall Gathering Registration (day only)|
|Additional person from same organization - Member||$40||$58|
|Additional person from same organization - Non-Member||$64||$83|
|Retiree / Student / Speaker||$35||$47|
This New Director Orientation course will be offered in a hybrid model with participants needing to complete pre-coursework and a two hour virtual Zoom meeting in addition to attending the in-person training. Participants will be contacted by instructors prior to the course and given instructions and course materials.
2-Hour Virtual Meeting - October 25th
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
In-Person Course - Wednesday, November 1 at YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The New Director Orientation (NDO) is an interactive course that includes activities, lectures, and discussions in a group problem-solving environment designed to address real-life situations at camp. This course covers five critical areas to help directors and supervisors develop the skills they need to be effective leaders. The core areas covered include:
1. Leadership and supervision
2. Camper and staff development and behavior
3. Staff Training
4. Risk management
5. Evaluation and assessment
Registration includes NDO course and lunch on November 1, 2023
$115 - Member
$175 - Non-Member
Kelly Schuna is the Co-Owner and Executive Director of Hidden Pines Ranch Day Camp, located in Stillwater, Minnesota. Kelly graduated from the University of Minnesota with an undergraduate degree in Communication Disorders and a master's in Early Childhood Education and Special Education. Kelly is passionate about coaching staff through growth opportunities, Brene Brown, vulnerable leadership, and the importance of creating intentional culture at camp.
Opening Keynote - Take Your Staff Coaching Frustrations from "Why Me" to "Yes Me!"
Did you spend a lot of time this summer coaching your seasonal staff on what you felt like are essential "life and emotional intelligence skills?" Do you feel like there's been a shift in the training that your staff need? That the learning/teaching/coaching is much more than "how to work with kids and be a camp counselor" but equally "how to be an employee and co-worker?" If you are like many camp professionals, this can be exhausting and frustrating. But what if we saw this as an opportunity for camp to be part of launching fantastic young adults into the workplace, that can bring the things they've learned at camp to their future workplaces and roles as leaders? Don't we all want to be the best boss/supervisors that your staff will work for, that in turn will be fantastic bosses/supervisors someday? This keynote will provide an opportunity to shift our mindset from frustration to we get to do this! We will look at how we can be intentional in our own camp to build these essential skills for the future in our staff and impact the world far beyond our camp properties. You will leave with tangible takeaways to implement at your camp for coaching staff growth in communication, giving and receiving feedback, authentic and vulnerable leadership, problem solving, conflict management, agency, and servant leadership.
Wednesday, November 1 - Preconference Sessions
- 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. New Director Orientation
- 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Camp Tours at Area Camps
- 1:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Camp Bird Youth Center
- 3:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. YMCA Camp U Nah Li Ya
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner for Pre-Conference and Camp Tour Attendees and Early Arrivals
Thursday, November 2
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Welcome
- 9:15 a.m. - 10:20 a.m. Featured Speaker
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Educational Breakout Sessions
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Awards & Announcements
- 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. Lunch & Pie Auction
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Educational Breakout Sessions
- 2:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Roundtable Conversations
- 3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Closing
- 4:15 p.m. Optional Camp Tour of YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho / Departure
Breakout Sessions Include:
- Day Camp: IYKYK
- Creating a Leadership Council At Your Own Camp
- Accreditation Conversation
More breakouts and full session descriptions to come!
The Wisconsin Fall Gathering will be hosted at the beautiful YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho in Lakewood, Wisconsin.
Affordable lodging is available at YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho on Wednesday, November 1, 2023. Cabins have electricity and heat with a shared bathroom and showers located across the hallway from each cabin.
- Group style lodging
- Participants will need to provide their own linens and towels.
- Dinner and breakfast will be served for overnight guests.
Cabin Lodging - $40
Lodging is limited. When registering please select the lodging option in step 4.