In the Camp-School Partnership Demonstration Project, ACA has partnered with our sister organization, the National Summer Learning Association (NSLA), to disperse funding to 10 camps, each receiving $25,000 toward a camp-school partnership, and matched by $25,000 in Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief funding from schools, districts, and/or community organizations.
The purpose of this project is to support camps and schools in implementing high-quality, camp-based experiences that support middle-school students' social-emotional learning and address COVID-related learning loss, along with gathering research that demonstrates the positive effects of camp-school collaboration and builds long-term capacity for successful partnerships.
This project is funded by a generous grant from the New York Life Foundation and the Mott Foundation.
Press and Media
- Mo-Ranched Named Recipient of 2023 NSLA New York Life Foundation's Excellence in Summer Learning Award
- Milwaukee Schools and Camps Increase Access for Students through Partnership
- New Camp-School Partnership Provides Children with Summer Camp Opportunity
- View all news coverage
Community of Practice
- Recording — Partnerships to Increase Equity and Inclusivity
- Recording — Camp-School Parnterships: Elevating Your Camp Story for Sustainable Funding
- Program Outcomes and Quality: A Common Theme for Impact and Funding — blog post discussing using data to build sustainable funding
- Year 1 Summary Report
- 2023 Guide to Camp-School Partnerships
- Camp-School Partnership Tool Kit — made available thanks to the California Collaboration for Youth
Want to Learn More?
If you’re a camp, school, or similar organization that is interested in joining the Community of Practice, and/or participating in this project, please complete this online inquiry form. We will be in touch if/when we begin another cohort and round of funding. (This form is NOT an application – it will place you on an email list to be the first to hear about Community of Practice learning opportunities, and about any new funding opportunities.)
Questions about the Camp-School Partnership Demonstration Project? Interested in funding this project? Please contact Bristol Posatko, Grants & Special Projects Manager.