2024 Camps on Campus Conference
Please join us in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Monday, February 5th and Tuesday, February 6th for the Camps on Campus Pre-Conference! Come meet fellow professionals in K12 and higher education who provide programming for youth outside of school-time!
Thinking of submitting a session proposal for the ACA National Conference? Check out these tips and suggestions! View slides View recording
2023-2024 Networking and Professional Development for You
Conversation, community-building, and learning. This is a chance to support and be supported by others in the community of professionals who run or manage summer youth programs at college, university, or K-12 campuses. Join us for facilitated conversations on a variety of topics including, staffing, medications management, connecting the youth protection office with the youth program planners, the importance of youth programs to the broader university, and more. Register for these free events. For more information, contact Ruthi Hernandez at rhernandez@ACAcamp.org or 765-349-3539.
2023-2024 Events will be posted soon!
- October 4, 2022 "Ages & Stages": view recording
- November 29, 2022 "Program Quality & Continuous Improvement": view recording
- April 18, 2023 "Camps on Campus & Effective Parent Partnerships": view slides view recording
- Accreditation Office Hours – One-hour zoom meetings to learn more about ACA standards. Free. Please RSVP.
- Ready. Set. Go. – One-hour Zoom meetings to help you create a plan for approaching the accreditation process. Free. Please RSVP.
Create Your Own Staff Training
- Choose from among ACA's online courses, live webinars, recorded webinars. Build a custom online package for your staff training. Add your own branding as well as your own materials you want staff to read (including articles, documents, assignments, quizzes, forums, wikis, and glossaries). Learn more.
New Director Orientation
The ACA New Director Orientation (NDO) is a one-day course for seasonal or newer camp directors, assistant directors, program directors, and others moving into camp leadership positions. The course includes an overview of all the aspects of the director's job with the primary focus on the summer operation. The NDO course materials have been designed to help newer directors and supervisors develop the skills they need to be effective leaders for their camp program.
- Find an already scheduled NDO to send your staff to. Learn more.
- Interested in hosting an NDO on your campus. Contact us.
Certificates of Added Qualification
These intensive online courses are self-directed learning that build the added qualifications you and your staff need. Each certificate course covers all thirteen core competencies required to run a camp successfully and includes curriculum components suited to a variety of learning styles. Continuing education credits available.