ACA Mid-Atlantic Camp Conference
See pricing details below
Save the dates!
Please join ACA, Virginias and ACA, Chesapeake for the ACA Mid-Atlantic Camp Conference! A variety of educational sessions, networking opportunities, an exhibit hall and more will be featured. Enjoy a time of inspiration, first-rate professional development, and fun at The Doubletree Hotel in Williamsburg, VA.
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals for Mid-Atlantic Camp Conference is now open. We are accepting proposals for innovative and dynamic sessions that help to support the conference mission: create a community of camp professionals to educate, inspire and prepare them to provide a high-quality camp experience for their staff and campers. Deadline to submit is October 20, 2022. Submit a proposal.
Safe and Healthy Meetings
ACA is committed to providing opportunities to engage in the safest and most enjoyable in-person experience possible. Learn more.
Full Conference Registration — Includes opening keynote on Wednesday, December 14 through closing keynote on Thursday, December 15, as well as exhibit halls, socials, luncheon, and networking events.
Not an ACA Member? Join today for FREE and get the best rates for this event!
Early Bird registration is available through November 14th, 2022.
|1st Person Member||$265||$310|
|1st Person Nonmember||$315||$360|
Additional person from SAME camp-Member
|Additional person from SAME camp-Nonmember||$295||$310|
Information coming soon!
We are excited to be at The DoubleTree Hotel in Williamsburg, VA. Located right near interstate I-62 and Route 199 exits. Only a few miles from downtown Williamsburg and Colonial Williamsburg . The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool to have a relaxing swim or enjoy the outdoor tennis courts or the fitness center!
Room Reservation Includes
- Check-in 4:00 p.m. and Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- Complimentary wi-fi
ACA Room Rates:
- $109/Night-Sing/Double plus applicable sale and room tax
Reserve your room by November 13, 2022!
Youth Mental Health First Aid Course
The Youth Mental Health First Aid Course is designed to teach individuals how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis. The course introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development, and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help people in both crisis and non-crisis situations. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD), and eating disorders. This course is catered to camp professionals and offers camp specific scenarios.
This course is blended, there will be an online portion and in-person. Lunch is not provided, but there will be breaks and participants are welcome to bring snacks and lunch with them.
December 14, 8:00a.m.-1:30p.m.
Member $65; Nonmember $100
New Director Orientation
New Director Orientation (NDO)
NDO is an interactive course that includes activities, lectures, and discussions in a group problem-solving environment designed to address real-life situations at camp. This course covers five critical areas to help directors and supervisors develop the skills they need to be effective leaders. The core areas covered include:
- leadership and supervision
- camper and staff development and behavior
- staff training
- risk management
- evaluation and assessment
In addition to building skills, this curriculum incorporates introspection, perspective-shifting, and awareness building. This course has been influenced by years of iteration, internal and external research, and feedback from new directors. NDO is designed to be offered at the local or regional level by interested ACA volunteers. Completion of this training results in seven continuing education credits (CECs) for ACA members.
December 13, 1:00p.m. - 5:00p.m & December 14, 8:00a.m.-12:00p.m.
Member $110; Nonmember $145
Tuesday, December 13 – Preconference Sessions
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – New Director Orientation- First half
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Youth Mental Health First Aid
Wednesday, December 14
- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – New Director Orientation – Second half
- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Youth Mental Health First Aid
- 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Registration Open
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:50 p.m. – Exhibit Hall Open
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Opening Keynote
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Unopposed Exhibit Hall
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Educational Breakout Sessions
- 4:45 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. – Educational Breakout Sessions
- 5:45 p.m. –6:15 p.m. – Awards and Social
- 6:15 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. – Evening Activity
Thursday, December 15
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Educational Breakout Sessions
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Educational Breakout Sessions
- 11:45 a.m. –1:30 p.m. – Luncheon and Closing Session