Entry-Level Program Staff Certificate
Type of CourseCertificate Course
See pricing details below.
This entry-level program staff certificate course is specifically designed for people who are interested in working with young people in a camp, afterschool, summer enrichment programs, or other community-based youth settings but who lack experience. This online course is an intensive 15 hour course built around ACA's thirteen core competencies that results in a certificate of completion and 15 continuing education credits (CECs).
This course assumes that you have little to no experience working with youth in an organized program. Once you complete this course and gain experience by working in organized youth programs, you may want to consider enrolling in the ACA Experienced Program Staff Certificate.
The final component of the course, “Special Interest Experience,” is designed to provide options to focus on a topic of particular interest to the learner. For example, one might be interested in working with:
- a specific clientele (i.e., youth with special needs),
- a special setting (i.e., wilderness tripping),
- or a specialized activity (i.e., ropes courses).
The learner then designs the learning experiences that allow exploration of the chosen interests. One could attend a special training or conference, complete online experiences, select additional readings, or create some other unique learning opportunities that meet the objectives for the experience.
At the end of this course, learners will have completed learning experiences that
- Augment their personal skills/knowledge sets
- Improve their abilities to offer quality experiences to the youth they serve
- Enhance their own professional development.
Many learners that complete this course may want to enroll in the Experienced Program Staff Certificate course.
Entry-Level Program Staff Course Length: 15 hours
Entry-Level Program Staff Course Credits: 15.0 CEC
If interested in this Entry-Level Program Staff Certificate course, please review the following course overview and learner outcomes.
- Course Overview: Entry-Level Program Staff Certificate (Syllabus)
- Learner Outcomes for the Entry-Level Program Staff Certificate
Quantity Member Price per person Nonmember Price per person**
- 1 to 9* people is $20/person (member) $45/person (non-member)
- 10 to 25**people is $15/person (member) $40/person (non-member)
- 26 to 999** people is $10/person (member) $20/person (non-member)
**Not a member? Join now and save! If you’ve never been an ACA member before, join for free and receive all the benefits of ACA membership. If you need to renew your membership, we’re glad to help. Go to www.acacamps.org/membership or call us at 800-428-2267
***Ordering more than 1 or for someone else? Please contact us.