A Camp for Every Child - Near or Far?

Where do you want your child to go to camp? Locally or far away? While each camp experience has something to offer your child, this is an opportunity to assess what you value for your camper.

National Parks Junior Ranger Program

Launched in 2010, children can become Let’s Move Outside Junior Rangers by participating in an outdoor activity that gets their hearts pumping and bodies moving. The Junior Ranger program, available in more than 200 national parks, rewards young people with a certificate and patch or badge for completing a series of fun, educational activities related to each park’s unique resources.

Un campamento para cada niño — Le viene a la medida

¿Cerca o lejos?

¿Adónde quiere que su hijo vaya al campamento? ¿Cerca o lejos? Aunque cada campamento tiene algo que ofrecerle a su hijo, ésta es una oportunidad para estimar qué es lo más importante para su campista.

Cerca quiere decir que:

El momento preciso - Cómo saber si su hijo está listo para mandarlo al campamento

El momento preciso — Cómo saber si su hijo está listo para mandarlo al campamento

Responder a las siguientes preguntas le va a ayudar a saber si su hijo está listo para el campamento.

International Campers Attending Camps in the U.S. - What You Need to Know

Many camps in the United States welcome international campers into their program and value the important cultural exchange that happens when American children are given the opportunity to live side-by-side with children from other countries.  If you live outside of the United States and are interested in sending your child to camp in the U.S., you may need to obtain a visa from the U.S. Department of State.

The Case for Camp — Why Kids Need It Now More Than Ever

Change is a part of life. It is often directly related to survival and can enrich one's life in ways unexpected. Childhood is in essence a time of profound change and development. It is exciting and disquieting at the same time. When it comes to our children, we need to be sure that change is made for the better.

We've been so concentrated on the brain, we forget about the rest of our bodies. This change in focus has lead to an obesity rate that is unacceptable. Our kids are not as healthy as the generation before.

The Great Education Debate: Camp Has A Place In Childhood Development

Education reform is big news right now. The push for a nationwide move to year-round school is gaining steam, and the rhetoric is increasing. The issue at the forefront of this debate is summer learning loss. Yes, gone is the sunny disposition with regard to "the lazy days of summer."

Summer Camp Should Be Mandatory for a Child: It Changes Lives

Call it an emotional report card.

It was one of those moments that give you a reality check on how your kid really feels about you deep down.

I had just rounded the bend that led to her cabin at Camp Christopher, a residential campground in Bath Township. It was Saturday, and she had been gone for six days — the longest she had been separated from her mother and me during her eleven years on the planet.