Hitting the High Notes at Camp Courageous
Life and Autism: How Camps Can Support Campers and Staff on the Autism Spectrum
Enhancing Inclusion for Campers with Sensory-Processing Concerns through Camp Counselor Training
The Evolution of Neurodiversity: An Interview with Steve Silberman
Developmental Decathlon: The Benefits of Exercise and Activity for Neurodivergent Campers
Medical and Disability Camps Kindred
- Facilitate communication among the members of this community of camps within American Camp Association.
- Serve as a platform for discussion of issues and concerns facing this community of camps.
- Provide opportunities for the professional development of members within this community of camps.
- Support the work of all camp professionals in the larger camp community.
Join us bimonthly for conversation and sharing.
Resources Supporting Your Work
Here are just a few resources that will help support your work.
Benefits of Membership
Membership in the kindred group is open to any member of the American Camp Association that serves campers with medical and special needs who are willing to pay dues.
- Connection to a network of peers
- Newsletter supporting your work
- National voice
- Discounts on kindred group education
If you are already an ACA individual member and would like to join ACA's Medical and Disability Camps Kindred, please reach out to us.
If you are NOT already an ACA individual member and would like to join, please do so online and chose the ACA Medical and Disability Kindred also.
Questions? Contact Gay Bruner 765-349-3524 or gbruner@ACAcamps.org
Disability Inclusion During Covid-19 | Strategies for Camp and Recreation Programs
Are you running in-person camp this summer and looking for some support adapting inclusion principles and strategies? If so, join us!
Inclusion is NOT Cancelled – join ACA, New...