Quality Improvement in Action: Assess
$40 member; $80 nonmember
The second phase of the continuous improvement cycle is “assess”. During this phase, camp professionals organize and execute program quality assessments at their camp, facilitate ongoing coaching conversations with staff, and manage assessment data. An important consideration is how to modify assessment plans in the face of the craziness of peak camp operations! Participants will benefit most from this session if they have joined the previous webinar focused on preparing for program quality assessments and improvements.
By the end of the webinar participant will learn:
- Understand the basics of the “assess” phase of continuous program quality improvement
- Recognize the benefits of focusing on program quality to enhance camper experiences
- Learn about two organizations’ experiences during this phase
- Consider ways their organization can meaningfully engage in program quality assessments during the camp season
Other Webinars in Series
- Quality Improvement in Action: Prepare — October 12, 2023
- Quality Improvement in Action: Plan — December 12, 2023
Victoria Povilaitis, PhD, is the Director, Program Innovation at Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. In this role she guides program quality, outcome, and impact measurement and uses these data to inform program development, facilitation, and continuous improvement.
Lacey Maglinger is the Senior Manager, Program Quality & Development at Tims Hortons Foundation Camps, she has worked with the organization since 2012 in various roles. Currently, her work includes conducting PQ assessments, supporting camp teams in their assessments, and using data to create and improve programs and resources for camp teams.
Anna Hutchins has been with Camp Twin Lakes since 2017 and currently serves as the Director of Grants & Outcomes Measurement. In this role, she provides the Camp program team and foundation donors with data analysis and reporting in order to improve programs and link outcomes to fundraising objectives.