Quality Improvement in Action: Improve
$40 member; $80 nonmember
The last phase of the continuous improvement cycle is “improve”. This is where the magic happens and steps to improve can be discovered! Using learnings from the reflection process during “plan”, key areas of focus are identified and steps for improving those focus areas are planned. Creating action steps allow for accountability and connects an organization’s last step in the cycle to their first step in the next round of quality improvement. Participants who have attended all prior webinars in the series will benefit the most from this session.
By the end of the webinar participant will learn:
- Understand the basics of the “improve” phase of continuous program quality improvement
- Recognize the benefits of focusing on program quality to enhance camper experiences
- Learn about two organizations’ experiences during this phase
- Consider ways their organization can implement action steps to create the highest quality camper experience
Other Webinars in Series
- Quality Improvement in Action: Prepare — October 12, 2023
- Quality Improvement in Action: Assess — November 7, 2023
- Quality Improvement in Action: Plan — December 12, 2023
Victoria Povilaitis, PhD, is the Director, Program Innovation at Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. In this role she guides program quality, outcome, and impact measurement and uses these data to inform program development, facilitation, and continuous improvement.
Lacey Maglinger is the Senior Manager, Program Quality & Development at Tims Hortons Foundation Camps, she has worked with the organization since 2012 in various roles. Currently, her work includes conducting PQ assessments, supporting camp teams in their assessments, and using data to create and improve programs and resources for camp teams.
Alexandra Margevich, PhD, is the Research and Evaluation Manager for The Fresh Air Fund. Since 2020, her work in this role has focused on evaluating and helping to improve program reach, impact and quality.