Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Package
Type of CourseOnline Course
Pricing details below.
Package updated October 2022
Help to create an environment that builds capacity within the camp community to understand, accept, value, and honor the unique contributions of all people in our camps. ACA hope to encourage camps to create and maintain an inclusive camp community that eliminates stereotypes, bias, and bullying based on differences that include but are not limited to age, gender, ability, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual identity, and socio-economic status.
Camps share in an important role to teach and to help young people make sense of the world around them. Counselors and camp professionals must enable campers to become critical thinkers and leaders who can understand different perspectives with empathy. This is more important than ever. Talking about race with children is an essential component of summer and year-round camp programming.
This package includes seven courses and grants 8.5 continuing education credits through the American Camp Association.
- Camp Culture or Cultural Appropriation? Identifying Indigenous Erasure and Stereotypes to Reduce Harm (Dr. Cheryl Ellenwood)
- Understanding The Trans* Experience at Camp (Chris Rehs-Dupin)
- Race Conversations at Camp (Ozier and Perry)
- Race Conversations Continued: Tools & Activities for Engagement at Camp (Ozier and Perry)
- Camper Gender Support Plans – Building Blocks (Camp and Gender Institute Session)
- Trans Two: The Next Level (Jessica and Kayla Weissbuch)
- Transgender Staff at Camp (Nick Teich)
- The Ultimate Field Guide for Creating Accessible Word Documents, PowerPoints, and more! (Nate Evans)
Member $100; Nonmember $200 for single person access. For someone other than you or for multiple persons please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org